Tingling and numbness in hands and fingers. Could this be carpel tunnel syndrome?
User rating for this question
I have tingling and numbness in my hands and fingers mostley at night. I also have muscle tightness in my shoulders with it , sometimes in both and sometimes only one. I have been told I have carpel tunnel, but I thought this would give problems all the time. It keeps me up at night. Also I have nad an MRI and it shows I do noy have any disk left in my soine. My age is 65.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: I will advise you to do MRI wrist Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms tingling can be due to nerve entrapment as in carpal tunnel or due to vascular obstruction. I will advise you to do MRI wrist to confirm carpal tunnel and upper limb . Colour Doppler to see for vascular obstruction.Vasular obstruction due to sympathetic activity can aggravate in night. There can be entrapment of nerve in carpal tunnel or cubital tunnel Some medication like methylcobalamine with analgesic will reduce tingling, you can Physiotherapy will also help you to reduce symptoms USG and TENS will help you, consult physiotherapist for it. Another possibility of peripheral neuropathy which is common in diabetic and alcohol taking individual.Do you have such history? Also check your vit B12 and vit D3 in your blood. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Could i be pregnant after the surgery for actopic
- What are the signs of having carpel tunnel syndrome
- Suggest treatment for pain due to carpel tunnel syndrome
- Sticky skin syndrome is it a chronicprogressive problem
- What is a cheap treatment for carpel tunnel syndrome
- Numbness in the fingers carpal tunnel syndrome
- After using diane35 axcessive hair on face
- What is the cure for carpel tunnel syndrome
- Am i suffering from depression or i am schizophrenic
- Painful scab on knuckle
- Red swollen painful knuckles
- Rectum lump with a stomach pain of a diabetic person
- Psychological reasons for knuckle pain
- Thumb pain pops at knuckle
- Pain under right pinky knuckle