Tingling and burning throughout body in arms, back and neck. Could this be beginning of scabies?

I am expieriencing a tingling burning feeling all over my body especially my arms back and neck. It seems to be worse at night could this be the beginning stages of scabies?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

This tingling burning sensationcan be due to parasthesia skin which is due to dysfunctioning of neurons. Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

It can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, malnutrition. Other causes are motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a neurologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.