Tickle in throat results in coughing. Have runny nose, and watery eyes. What is it?

ENT Specialist
Hi, I have a tickle in my throat that makes me cough. As I am coughing phlegm comes up, my eyes water and my nose runs. This happens all throughout the day about 10 to 20 times. It feels like mucus is stuck in my throat.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sinusitis Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffering from the sinusitis. i would suggest you try the below mentioned treatment option: 2. Nasal Decongestant and steroids. 3. Systemic decongestant. 4. Steam inhalation three times a day. 5. Saline nasal douche two times a day. A course of appropriate antibiotic can help in recovery. You can contact a local doctor for a prescription. In addition to prescribing drugs, the doctor can also consider 1. CT scan of the para nasal sinuses. 2. Nasal endoscopy and 3. ENT examination. The tests would rule out other possible condition. Hope this helps. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Follow-up: Tickle in throat results in coughing. Have runny nose, and watery eyes. What is it? 3 hours later
Thank you for your response. I notice that while I am driving its worse than when I am home. Is that common with sinusitis?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, common Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up query. Yes, it is common with sinusitis that when you driving mostly bike its worse. If you are on bike then use helmet. Go for the above mentioned test for better diagnosis and management. Wish you good health