Thrombosed external haemorrhoids, mild pain with bleeding & black spot on haemorrhoids. Should i see ER?

Hello, i have what i believe to be an external thrombosed hemroid. IT has been mildly painful but has not impared bowl movements. I have had the hemeroid for about 5 days and I have taken warm baths every night. I use the Cream as well. There is a small black spot on the hemeroid and it just started bleeding. I plan to visit the doctor but since its late in the day, my options are urgent care facility or ER. Should i wait to see my PCP on monday or visit urgent care or ER?

Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 12 hours later
you say you have mild pain and a see a block dot on haemorrhoids. Based on your description it could be normal or thrombosed external haemorrhoids. You can manage conservatively with Sitz baths, pain medicines, creams, and laxatives now and set appointment with General Surgeon to fix the haemorrhoids in future.

If the pain is getting worse and not controlled with the above measures, then you need excision of haemorrhoids. So if the pain is severe and non resolving go to ER , they will do excision of the external haemorrhoids.

Disclaimer: The information on this email and portal is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, evaluation or care from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Nothing on this email and website should be used for treating or diagnosing a medical or health condition. This is not a replacement for Doctor - patient relationship and physical examination by other qualified healthcare provider.