Throat infection, taken penicillin injection, bitter taste in mouth, drainage in throat. Something to worry about?

Question
I have had strep or gonorrhea of the throat I am not sure which because I have not got results yet. I was given a booty shot of penicillin and put on quarters for 24hours (Im in the army). When I was sitting at home I started tasting something very bitter so I spit it out. what ever is in my throat has started leaking... Is this something to worry about ...
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
You must be having a viral/bacterial upper respiratory tract infection.
Strep. is a possibility but Gonorrhea is a rarity in throat, it is primarily a genital infection and occors mainly when somebody gives a blowjob to an infected person.
Gonorrea is frequently resistant to Penicillin.
You might be having tonsillitis, Do saline gargles and chlorhexidine mouth wash thrice a day and please get yourself reviewed by a local physician and get antibiotics escalated if needed
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Throat infection, taken penicillin injection, bitter taste in mouth, drainage in throat. Something to worry about? 32 hours later
I am a Bi sexual male so Gonorrhea sound likely... I don't really have any other symptoms. Except when I felt nauseous and puked before my throat started leaking the gray, yellow, brown, smelly fluid. It wasn't like I was hacking it up from my lungs it was more like it was leaking from my sinus. I was just spitting it out. When it stoped I started pushing on my throat to see if more would come and I was able to get probably about 3 ounces of colored fluid out minus the spit bit of blood.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Welcome back to Heathcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Yes, in that case it may be gonorrhea but anyway you should get a gram stain and culture sensitivity of the leaking fluid.
GONORRHEA is pretty fast to grow and easy to recognise.
It is also possible that you had initially some viral sinusitis and which is causing a post-nasal drip and you need to cough repeatedly to clear throat.
Usually it subsides in a weeks time. Let the reports come
Wish you a great health!