Throat has thick mucus, coughing, dry throat, no stuffy nose. Taken penicillin for throat infection

a while back at the end of July I had a bad throat infection, I was given Penicillin and after a week I was feeling good and it went away, I stopped taking my penicillin which I know I know is a bad thing, so it came back but at the time I injured my finger and ended up given cephalexin for that and while on antibiotics my throat felt fine.

after that ended about 3 days later my throat pain came back so I took the second half of my penicillin and ate a bunch of lemons for a week and so far it has been almost 2 weeks and no more sore throat but I have these bumps in the back of my throat and they worry because I dont know what they could be.

right now I dont feel bad, my throat feels like it gets a thick mucus in it and I constantly have to clear my throat and it makes me cough every now and then but I never cough anything up, my throat feels dry also at times, and it feels like something runs down the back of my throat a lot, my nose isnt stuffy or congested but it feels like there is a little more mucus than normal but nothing annoying or runny.

no headach or other symptoms, I have 2 pictures and I hope they help.
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Follow-up: Throat has thick mucus, coughing, dry throat, no stuffy nose. Taken penicillin for throat infection 15 minutes later
Im just wondering if this is something I should be worried about, looking up online it worries me of the early stages of throat cancer or something but you can find anything online and I know a lot of times what you find online and what it really is is nothing at all, I noticed them when I first had my throat problem but figured they were part of the infection im just worried they havent gone away and dont know how long they have been there.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I have seen the photographs and read your entire history.
I have observed following two observations
1.. In no way it suggests that you are having any throat cancer.So better stop worrying on that account.
2... You are suffering from sinusitis infection which is resulting in post nasal drip.
And this in turn is being aggravated by your smoking.
Post nasal drip results in constant irritation to your throat resulting in cough and a constant effort to clear your throat.

Stop smoking
Start doing hot saline gargles twice a day.
Avoid chilled drinks.
Take steam inhalation twice a day.
If you find your nose blocked or stuffy,you may use saline nasal drops or nasal decongestant drops.
Do it regularly for 2 weeks and you shall be fine.

Make it a point to quit your smoking permanently as this habit is bound to give rise to various problems and complications in future.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Throat has thick mucus, coughing, dry throat, no stuffy nose. Taken penicillin for throat infection 16 hours later
but why have those bumps been there so long? is that normal even with a sinus infection?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 35 minutes later
These slightly raised bumps are due to constant irritation by constant nasal drip resulting in local inflammation.
Nothing much should be read into this.
Just take the measures as outlined above.
You shall be all right soon.