Thoughtlessness and poor judgement after stopping drugs. How to overcome this?

hi, its a huge question, someone gave me drugs years ago and i had to much when i stoped after 3 years my head went funny, and then totally blank. i can now only see and hear but i dream at night. my mri was clear and my my eeg clear. i cant go on without my my mind, whats wrong with me????????? i cant live any more in total silence. i feel nothing mentally. no inner dialogue, no beliefs, thoughts just pure silence. every day , every minute is the same, just nothing. i was perfectly healthy prior and had 4 kids and a nursing degree. i feel nothing in my mind, but i see and hear all
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I guess you have used Marijuana in the past. All the symptoms that you have described are after effects of using it. It starts with even a single dose of it and lasts long after stopping the drug.

This drug particularly causes the symptoms of thoughtlessness, poor judgement, etc. Thus all these symptoms fall in the category of Cannabis induced disorders. This drug acts on Cannabinoid receptors in the brain causing all these symptoms. Since there is no medicine available that acts on cannabinoid receptors, the best treatment would be to adapt according to the condition. You may work with a psychiatrist to improve your intellectual functioning.

Because of these effects, there has been a demand from people to approve it as medicine for mental disorders that have thought racing etc. But it never got FDA approval. It is also used in a few sects of ancient Indian yogis to quieten their mind. Their belief is that it will bring "enlightenment". But its use for this purpose should also be not encouraged. All this I have said just to let you know that some people use it intentionally to treat some conditions etc.

You have written the query nicely, it means that the thought processing is intact in you and you should be able to function in your career. Usually people who have this state of "no mind" are able to function satisfactorily. The best approach to function would be to do work as the task comes. Give each task your 100%. Live in the present moment. I hope I am making my point clear.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee