Thick and sticky urine, frequent urination, diabetic, high urine glucose level. Reason?

iam 48yrs. 5ft 75kgs iam a diabetic woman when I check my urine sugar is 299 and all other are normal. my urine is thick and sticky to touch. may I know the reason? and Iam a frequent urinator
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

It is normal for a known diabetic to excrete some glucose in the urine. Frequent urination is also one of the symptoms of diabetes. A urine glucose levels of 299 mg/deciliter is quite high and XXXXXXX for your health and needs an immediate medical attention.

Thick and sticky urine is indicative of high blood glucose levels. Normally our urine does not contain any glucose in healthy state.

I recommend you to consult your Physician for immediate management of such high blood glucose levels as these might lead to complications like Diabetic Ketoacidosis.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

I will be available for your further follow up queries if any.