The back of tongue has yellow skin and red bumps on back of throat. What is it?
User rating for this question
The back of my tongue is white/yellow film on it and red bumps at the back of my throat
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
Any coating on your tongue reflects an infection of either a fungus (candidiasis) or a bacteria or both.
You need to check that you do not have diabetes and review any immune suppressing drugs that you may be on long-term.
To help diagnose what the offending organism actually is a swap of your tongue may help. I would also start using Mycostatin oral drops and I would eat lots of natural yogurt throughout the day and hold this in your mouth for a minute before swallowing.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- Sore throat bumps back tongue
- Man causes of adderall root canal blister on gum
- Red bumps on back of tongue burping
- Inflamed tissue roof of mouth
- Constant peeing for a 4 tear old
- Constant taste of phlegm
- Tingley white bump on side of tongue
- Stomach has constant pulse
- Constant smell of rubber in nose
- Big red bumps on back of tongue
- Constant need to swallow
- Jaw surgery titanium plates abscess
- Ibs red bumps on back of tongue
- Bumps on back of tongue and throat
- Purplish pigment on lips and gums