The back of tongue has yellow skin and red bumps on back of throat. What is it?
User rating for this question
The back of my tongue is white/yellow film on it and red bumps at the back of my throat
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
Any coating on your tongue reflects an infection of either a fungus (candidiasis) or a bacteria or both.
You need to check that you do not have diabetes and review any immune suppressing drugs that you may be on long-term.
To help diagnose what the offending organism actually is a swap of your tongue may help. I would also start using Mycostatin oral drops and I would eat lots of natural yogurt throughout the day and hold this in your mouth for a minute before swallowing.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- Sore throat bumps back tongue
- Red bumps on back of throat allergies
- Candida yellow teeth
- Red bumps in the back of my throat
- Red bumps back of throat tonsillectomy
- Canesten pessary metallic taste mouth
- Is bloating a side effect of monodox?
- Is headache a side effect of simponi?
- Canine jaw tremors from tooth decay
- Is lockjaw a side effect of paxil cr?
- Is diarrhea a side effect of renvela?
- Sgotsgpt count rate high in canine
- Canine salvary gland plugged
- Bumps on back of tongue and throat
- Is sneezing a side effect of stelara?