Tests showed low MCV and CO2 levels. Should I try to get the normal levels?

Sep 2013

Had a health screen yesterday at work. My carbon dioxide level came back at 19L and my MCV 78L (which has been low for years now.) All other results were normal. I there reason for concern and should I be trying to get my CO2 levels normal?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 7 hours later

Keep up regular exercises for weight reduction.

Carbon dioxide level is 19L (normal level is 23-29 mEq/L), so as you yourself mentioned, it is low.
M C V (mean cell volume) is 78 fL (normal level is 80-98 fL), so this is also low.
180 lbs, 5’2" height.

According to height weight is very high and you are already on weight reduction process.
I would like to say that once weight will come under control the level of CO2 will increase itself.
Increase the stamina by hard exercise, when stamina will increase, than lung capacity will increase and level of CO2 will attain normal level.

Low level is usually found in diarrhea and acidosis, XXXXXXX disease, renal ailment, so please get in examination for these diseases, under the guidance of a physician.

Now about the M C V level:
This is cause of concern because low level found in, microcytic anemia, good luck.