Testicles cannot be seen and penis has been smaller then usual. What could be the cause?

May 2014

This is weird I know. But I haven't seen my testicles in a couple of months even my penis has been smaller then usual. I got a back massage today and now there back to normal everything hanging the way it's supposed too. This is not normal for me do you have any Idea as to what is going on?
thanks in advance, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

You have a problem with the "visibility" of your testicles. It is not a weird question but needs to be addressed scientifically, in the light of medical science.

The possibility to be considered is that of ascending testicles. You are trying to say that the testicles have actually pulled up into the abdomen.
This is a rare occurrence and may happen when the opening that the testes descended through does not completely close. In some cases, they can get "stuck up there". This would be a serious problem. However, consultation with a surgeon can confirm this. Only a can determine if you need some treatment along these lines. If necessary an ultrasound scan of lower abdomen and scrotum may be necessary to locate the testicles.

It is reasonable enough that the ascending testicles can come back to their normal position after a back massage.

Hope your query is answered.
Further questions welcome.

Please close this thread in you do not have any more questions

Dr Vivek