Testicle pain. Color doppler scan showed presence of varicocele. Will it be cured by medicine?

I have pain at my left testicle(left scrotum). Local doctor suggested to do color doppler scan for SCROTAL. Here is the report. "Left pampiniform plexus appear mildly dilated and tortuous and show reversal flow of valsalva manoeuvre. MILD LEFT VARICOCELE".

Now the Dr says that I should undergo for minor surgerory if it is not cured by the medicine which he has prescribed. I am scared to do surgery. Are there ways to get cured with medication. Please help me to get cured without surgery.

1) Complamina (Tablets of Xantinol Nicotinate)
2) Doxy-1 L - DR Forte
3) Zerodol TH4 (Aceclotenac & Thiocolchicoside Tablets)
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 hours later
Your pain might or might not have anything to do with the presence of varicocoele in your left side of scrotum. A varicocoele is an incidental finding in many ultrasound scans of healthy young adult males, and should not be thought to be causing pain and get operated. A relatively more common situation where one would suggest a surgery for varicocoele would be when a patient finds that after marriage, he has difficulty in conceiving, and semen shows poor sperm count. Only selected patients get benefit from surgery for varicocoele, especially when the indication for surgery is pain (many patients complain that pain has become worse after surgery for varicocoele) and thus a proper evaluation for cause of pain is essential before you commit yourself for the surgery.