Tested positive for pregnancy. Doctor gave HCG injection for 4 weeks, C endogest vaginally. Is it safe ?

hi i have test my pregnancy and it is positive. my doctor has given me injection HCG 5000 per week one for 4 weeks and also C endogest 200 vaginally. i have not heard about it. is it safe and there will be no side effects please help me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Hcg and Progesterone(Endogest- natural micronised progesterone) are both natural hormones which are secreted by placenta during the pregnancy. These help in preparing the uterine muscle for the nourishment of baby.
You have been prescribed right medications and these will help in supplementing the function of placenta.
Please do not worry. Since these are natural hormones present in our body, these medicines are well tolerated and show minimal side effects. You can continue with these medicines as prescribed by your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Tested positive for pregnancy. Doctor gave HCG injection for 4 weeks, C endogest vaginally. Is it safe ? 1 hour later
thank you doctor for your kind reply. i will keep updating my status
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
You are most welcome.