Tested for cholesteral, HDL and LDL. Looking for suggestion

HI I have a total cholesteral of 156. Hdl is 118 and LDL is this good or bad? I dont know if this matters but my glucose is 84.
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 23 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your mail with diligence.
You have normal Cholesterol (Below normal Bad Cholesterol that is Total and LDL and high good cholesterol that is HDL), if the sugar is fasting or long after meals it is normal. I will suggest a fasting blood sugar done for a random sugar (when you have taken a meal within two hours it is a shade low). With that rider, I do not find anything abnormal.
I hope that answers your question. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)