Test result showed high sensitive Reactive protein. Meaning?

Excellent

Question
I recently got the below in my health checkup :
High Sensitivity HIGH SENSITIVE C - REACTIVE PROTEIN (HSCRP)NEPHELOMETRY 0.28 mg/dl

Reference Range : (mg/dl)
0.07 - 0.11 -- Low Risk
0.12 - 0.19 -- Moderate Risk
0.20 - 0.38 -- High Risk
> 0.38 -- Highest Risk

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?

ALSO MY VITAMIN B12 AND 25oh VITAMIN D READINGS ARE 129 PG/ML AND 11.81 NG/ML . THIS LOOKS LIKE LOWER THAN NORMAL . IS IT A LOT WORRISOME OR THIS IS OK FOR A VEGETARIAN ?

I AM FINE ON ALL OTHER TESTS VIZ. DIABETES , CHOLESTROL , LIPID , THYRO ETC.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supplementation with VitD and VitB12 required

Detailed Answer:

I had gone through the reports. They are pretty fine. You have lower than normal levels of Vit B12, Folic acid and 25 OH Vit D. This is expected out of a vegeterian diet. I suggest to supplement with them and that solves them. You should speak to a dietitian who can plan or list out the vegeterian food XXXXXXX in the above. Vit D is lower in many people who do not expose themselves to sun. It is recommended to expose to sun for at least 40 min a week between 10AM to 4PM.

Regarding HSCRP, it should be interpreted in a patient with heart disease. So it would not be applicable for you in the first instance. If the HSCRP is continously raised then we need to look into the other causes other than heart disease.
So do not be worried about it, it can be raised because of Vit B12 deficiency as well.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Test result showed high sensitive Reactive protein. Meaning? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr Mazumdar for your inputs. I will definitely consult a dietician for the same.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please close and rate the discussion

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.