Test done for amylase, lipase, psa, testoterone and vitamin d level. Are these findings normal?

my amylase is 334 and lipase is 185 also my psa is 3.65 and testoterone is 70 and my vitamin d is at 29.00
Also my amylase has been high for over a year with lows in the 200 area and highhs over 600 but now its at 334 and last month it was 267.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Check with your primary care physician regarding the possibility of pancreatitis. It requires comprehensive evaluation. Amylase lipase are classically elevated in such a circumstance. If indeed it turns out that you do have it, then it entails a thorough work up to determine the cause for the same. Some reasons include alcohol, gall stones and high blood calcium/triglyceride to name a few conditions. It is also possible that your low vitamin D is a consequence of chronic pancreatitis, because normal pancreatic enzyme function is required for absorption of vitamin D
This level of vitamin D requires supplementation with 1000 IU daily orally but first a detailed evaluation is needed to ensure blood calcium levels are fine.

Regarding testosterone, the sample needs to be taken early in the morning for one to reliably make the diagnosis of deficiency. For more information, peruse WWW.WWWW.WW