Temperature high in day time and normal by night. Why is there ringing in ears?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
ive been running 99-99.5 temp for several months now. temp usually goes back down to normal at night but comes back everyday.. I have this severe ringing in both ears that also drives me nuts..
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Fever is when temperature is 100 degree farenheit or more usually. Normal body temperature is usually 98.6 degree farenheit.

The mild rise in the body temperature only during the day might be due to environmental heat, decreased fluid intake, etc.

If there are no other associated symptoms then there is nothing to worry. This does not indicate any medical problem.

Ringing in both the ears is most commonly caused by blocked ear canal by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease. There may be a damage to the nerve endings responsible for hearing due to age.

You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Till then avoid caffeine and smoking.
You can also add Zinc and Ginkgo Biloba supplements to your diet for relief.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.