Teeth wobbly and having white bump on gum. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Hi there, my son is 6 and half. One of his teeth on the top is wobbly and recently he got a white bump on the gum where the wobbly tooth is. It comes and goes all the time. Would this tooth has to be taken out now? Thanks
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it can be removed by dentist if causing pain

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

As the upper tooth is wobby, usually it will fall by itself.

But if the wobby tooth is causing any pain, discomfirt, or disturbance during eating or biting it can be removed by his dentist.

The white bump, which is coming and going all the time could be due to infection in the surrounding tooth structure or gum.

And I suggest you to visit the Dental Surgeon for physical examination to know the nature of the white bump and to remove the wobby, movable deciduous tooth under aseptic precautions if necessary.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Teeth wobbly and having white bump on gum. What to do? 27 minutes later
The tooth is not causing him any pain at all. So if we leave the white bump and let the tooth fall naturely, would that cause any problem for his adult teeth to grow underneath? Thanks

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Examination of white bump by dentist.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

The mobile tooth usually fall naturally by itself.

But clinical examination is warranted by the dentist to know the nature of the white bump.

Some times a small abscess in the gum may look like a white bump superficially.

If there is an abscess it has to be treated by draining the pus and a short course of antibioitic to prevent its further progression and causing problem to the underlying permanent tooth.

Therefore I suggest you to consult the dentist to examine the white bump and for further advise.

Regards.