Teenager feeling tired all the time. Not eating vegetable. Takes supplements. Is this normal?

My 13 year old son is tired all the time. He goes to bed at about 8:30pm and wakes up at 6:30am weekdays and 7:30 on weekends (around the same bed time, latest 9:00pm). He is so tired, he usually goes to sleep on his own. Also, when he gets home from school at 3:30pm, he usually takes an hour long nap. It would be longer if we let him. He doesn't like vegetables, but he eats like a horse. I make him take vitamins. And lastly, he plays basketball on a travelling team and practices for 2 hours twice a week. He runs daily during PE. He seems to just be starting puberty. Is this part of growing up or should I have him checked out by his physician?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

I see there is no problem with your kid . Yes, it is typical for a boy or a girl of that age to show differences in their daily activities. Also some do present with mild behavioural change which is due to the hormonal changes that happens during that time.All the symptoms will surely end by few months and need no intervention.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.