Ask a Urologist   »  

Tear on penis since long, no bleeding, cut getting bigger. What medicine should i use?

Urologist
Question
hi Dr.

I have a small tears on my penis since 2 years (there's no blood), but I feel that the tear is getting bigger and am afraid that it will get worse in the future. is there any medicine I can use for this matter.

please advise.

it's on location B
WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 53 minutes later
Dear,

I shall be interested to know your sexual history and whether you suffer from any other complaints other than cuts on the penis.
You should start yourself on sertaconazole cream local application twice daily under the guidance of a urologist and also get yourself examined by him.

Follow-up: Tear on penis since long, no bleeding, cut getting bigger. What medicine should i use? 19 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Is there a specific sertaconazole cream i need to buy from the pharmacy.
For my history Dr. I don't suffer from anything thing other that the tear (no blood or pain).

I spoke with the pharmacy and they don't know abount this cream. Is there an altarnative one or is there a different cream.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later
Dear,

Thanks again.

You can use clotrimazole cream instead of sertaconazole. It is usually applied twice daily for 3 weeks.
Do consult your physician if you do not find relief with it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wish you good health.