Taking zosert 100mg. Feeling bone and bone joint problem. Side effect?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I AM TAKING ZESORT 50 mg FOR LAST FOUR YEARS AND NOW I AM TAKING ZESORT 100mg FOR LAST THREE MONTHS AND I AM FEELING SOME BONE & BONE JOINT PROBLEMS ESPECIALLY THUMB JOINT, PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO.IS IT BECAUSE OF ZESORT.
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
The bone and bone joint problems that you are having is not likely to be related to Zesort. The problem most likely is due to the age related osteoarthritic changes in the joints. You can start taking a mild pain killer like ibuprofen and apply a topical analgesic ointment after hot fomentation to the affected areas.
The pain and discomfort is likely to improve in 5-7 days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Taking zosert 100mg. Feeling bone and bone joint problem. Side effect? 8 hours later
Sir,One doctor here told me it is because of zesort side effect because bone/ weight loss is there.can i take some vitamin D supplement if yes then please write the name.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Taking Zosert is likely to cause weight loss as a side effect but it is not likely to cause a bone pain or pain in the thumb. You can take Vitamin D 3 supplements but these should be taken only after getting the serum levels evaluated.
Regarding vitamin D supplements, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.