Taking thyrox. Which medicine should I take to reduce weight?

Nov 2013

sir m 23yrs old girl m using thyrox 50 my weight is 70kg plzzzz give me suggestion which power throx i should use to reduce weight
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Thyrox (levothyroxine) is a medicine to treat hypothyroidism (a deficiency of thyroid hormone). This is usually required lifelong, and should be taken in the morning on empty stomach.

The dose of thyrox depends on the blood test report of TSH. In your case, the TSH should be kept below 4.5. So, if your TSH value is more than 4.5, you may increase the dose of thryox. However, if your TSH is below 4.5, then you should continue the same dose of thyrox.

Also, thyrox is not a medicine for weight loss, but if weight gain happened because of thyroid disease, then it would reduce after thyrox treatment.
For long-term weight loss, please follow a lot fat diet, and do regular exercises such as jogging.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: