Taking telmiz-H tablet daily. Due to non-availability taking telma-H but feeling sleepy. Should I continue the medication?

regularly taking TELMIZ-H tablet after breakfast everyday
but due to non-availability of TELMIZ-H tab i am taking TELMA-H (but after taking this tab - feeling like more sleepy). Kindly advise which tablet to take.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see details below.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
1. I hope both these tablets contain the same salts (telmisartan & hydrochlorthiazide).
2. This is quite unusual but not impossible that you develop sleepiness or drowsiness only on changing the brand of the drug. That too a side effect whose frequency is less than 1 per 100 prescriptions. Even this side effect of telmisartan/ hydrochlorthiazide could not be causally related to them in studies.
3. Although this may still be possible, I would like you to look at any other reason for your sleepiness. These may include any other drug effect, inadequate sleep at night etc.
4. This problem can be tackled in many ways. There are many alternative brands (having same drug combination) available in market which can be tried after obtaining a prescription from local doctor. These drugs may even be taken at evening instead of morning time. If the problem still persists, you can obtain a prescription of some other drug from the same class.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.