Taking tazloc h, sustamat and clavix as75 for high BP. Experiencing lower back pain. What to do?

Question
hi doc. my bp is 130/90, my doc has prescribed tazloc h80 along with Sustamat 25mg and Clavix AS75, but my lower back has started to ache and im not able to bend properly, i;m not sure what to do next?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 27 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Since how many days are you suffering from back ache?
Is the pain radiating to lower limbs?
Is it on one side or both or at center?
Is there any history of trauma?
When was your hypertension diagnosed?

I can answer better if you provide the aformentioned details.

Awaiting your response...

Follow-up: Taking tazloc h, sustamat and clavix as75 for high BP. Experiencing lower back pain. What to do? 47 minutes later
Since how many days are you suffering from back ache? 4 days
Is the pain radiating to lower limbs? No
Is it on one side or both or at center? center
Is there any history of trauma? No
When was your hypertension diagnosed? 3 weeks

Also my Uric acid level is high? 6.0....which foods should I avoid and could you please suggest medication for the same. thank you

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for the reply.

Low back ache could be related to mechanical cause. Hence,it is not necessary to get evaluated at present.

NSAIDs like Paracetamol can be used for pain relief. If pain persists beyond 1-2 weeks, then it needs to be evaluated.

Your uric acid is in normal range.Normal range for uric acid is 3.6-6.6.

Food containing high purines that cause increase in uric acid are beef, pork, poultry, fish and seafood,
cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms, green peas, lentils, dried peas, beans, oatmeal and wheat XXXXXXX

Hope this solves your problem.
Thank you.