Taking ranitidine, feeling short of breath and nervous. Should I continue this medicine?

I,m taking 150 mg of ranitidine I,m fellin short of breath and very nervous - I have been taking the medication for approx. 3 weeks can I just stop XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Ranitidine can be stopped cold XXXXXXX It is not known to produce withdrawal effects. That being said, I do not feel ranitidine is in anyway responsible for shortness of breath or nervousness. Your doctor needs to consider other causes before attributing it to ranitidine.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Good luck!!