Taking pysiotens, atacand. Red itchy rashes appeared on leg, arm and stomach. Medicine for cure?

General Surgeon
Hello... I currently take a Physiotens 0.4mg tablet each morning, together with a Natralix SR 1.5mg 90 tablet. Of an evening, I take one Atacand 32mg tablet, a Crestor 10mg tablet and one Deptran 50mg tablet. The Physiotens, Atacan and Crestor have been prescribed in connection with high blood pressure/fluid issues. It has taken my GP some considerable time to find the right medications to control my blood pressure and so she is reluctant to change anything. For the past 4 months, I have experienced intense itchy red raised rash on both lower legs, associated with some burning, pain and severe itch. I have on occasions also experienced similar rashes on my stomach, arms and knees. My GP prescribed Diprosone Cream, but unfortunately, this is not very effective. The rashes are at their worst during the late afternoon. I was wondering if you had any views on whether one of the medications I am taking could be responsible for this and if so, what else could I do to relieve the symptoms described. Presently, I am using ice packs for relief. Would Lanacaine be of some benefit??

Many thanks in anticipation....

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later
It can be a side effect to one of the drugs you are taking.
As the rashes are present in various parts,you should take Antihistamine tablet.
Lignocaine will have no effect as it is a local anaesthetic.
Another condition called scabies has to be excluded too.
Please try Ivermectin tablet which controls scabies lesions with a single dose.
Please consult your Dermatologist when these lesions appear.
Wish you good health