Taking protein supplements for body building. Is it safe to take creatine supplement?

I am XXXXXX, doing bodybuilding for the last 2.5 yrs, and I am taking protein supplements for the last one year, and started taking creatine supplement from the last month. My question is, is it safe to take these supplements. I am taking it as suggested. Please reply.

Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 hours later

To be honest and XXXXXXX I don't favor use of such supplements and in my opinion these products don't help in extra-ordinary way. So it’s always better to avoid them. I would suggest more of concentration on balanced diet.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but many doctors would like to agree with this; though they are not harmful.

Please ask if there are doubts or you want to discuss this further.