Taking oxycodone for spinal issues. How long will methadone take to leave my system?

how long will it take methadone to leave my system? I normally take oxycodone because I have a lot of spinal issues,including a tumor at L2,also 5 bulging discs,cervical spondylosis, and stenosis.I am 58 year old female.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: between 1 to 9 days Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic The half life of a drug is the time it takes for the amount of drug in the body to decrease by half. It takes approximately 3 to 4 half lives for a drug to be eliminated completely. The half life of methadone varies between 8 to 59 hours. The variation occurs because methadone can persist in tissues such as the liver as well as other areas and this prolongs the drug in the system. Based on this half life, it would take between 32 to 236 hours for the drug to be eliminated. This is between 1 to 9 days. After this time the drug should no longer be present in the system.Because it can persist in some tissues, this may vary slightly for some persons. It is important to remember that false positive tests results can also occur . Drugs that can cause a false positive methadone results are:quetiapine, verapamil, clopramazine, clomipramine, thioridazine, doxylamine. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions