Taking onglyza, amlopress for diabetes. Do they cause weight gain? How to control burning feet?

Poor

Question
i am male 53 years 5ft 11 inch 100kgs, have diabetes type II my sugar fasting is 125 after lunch is 190
i take morning gluconorm sr 1mg onglyza 5mg amlopress z and in night i take gluconorm sr 1mg, tonact 20, and matlida forte
please let me if these are making me put on weight what dose i can to control it better my feet burn ,
regarding cholesterol is 193, ref range <200 trigycerides 129 <150
hdl 49.44 -40-60 ldl 118.46- <100
vldl 25.80 <30
i take tonact20 1 in night
regards
XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 15 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. None of the medications you taking result in weight gain. Gluconorm SR contains metformin which in fact causes mild weight loss. Onglyza contains saxagliptin which is weight neutral. Other medications have no effect on weight. So these medications are not to be blamed. You have to review your diet and walking. One other possibility is -if your sugar values were previously uncontrolled you could have lost weight which now you have regained because sugar values have normalized. Your glycemic control is not bad - the recommended range is FBS <130 and PPBS < 180. No need to increase the medicine continue the same dose. Check your HbA1c. For burning feet take vitamin B12 and calcium tablets.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad