Taking myrin p forte and polynerv. Is it safe to take food supplement?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi Doc, good afternoon! I am under medication as of this moment. i am taking myrin p forte in the morning 3 capsules and polynerv in the afternoon 1 capsule. is it ok to take a food supplement a liver protection supplement while taking those medicines mentioned? I work for a food supplement company. thanks best regards XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 24 minutes later
Myrin P is a antitubercular combination of antibiotics. The food supplements you are planning to take might induce the liver enzymes or interact with the antibiotics you are taking thus decreasing the efficacy of the treatment. You should not combine these food supplements with your present treatment unless prescribed by your physician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.