Taking methylphenidate, propanol and lithium for loose motion. Felling dizzy. Side effect?

Psychiatrist
Question
I am taking methylphenidate, propanol and lithium. II have been having loose motions for about a weak but it has suddenly got aggravated. Anything I eat seems to affect right upto my chest, other than feeling very dizzy and not in control. Please help!
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query. Your continous loose stools may lead to lithium toxicity due to fluid loss and dehydration. Lithium toxicity leads to loose stools and physical weakness as well. Hence I suggest you check your lithium level on an emergency basis and stop using lithium till then. You can also have your stool tested for culture and sensitivity to rule out bacterial and parasitic cause of loose stools. Ors solution can be used for time being. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist