Taking medicine for high blood pressure. Will it be safe to consume alcohol?

Dear Sir i am 34 years old and usually i m high blood pressure also in evening but i take medicin amlong a 25 i am just worrying if after taking my medicin for bp can i enjoy my whusky drink pls advice me beside this i am fit and dont have sugar and i am 5 ft 10 and i m 75 weight so pls advice me thank u
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 12 minutes later
Thanks for your query. You have history of high blood pressure. I would strictly advise you against consuming even limited quantity of alcohol since alcohol has propensity to worsen diabetis (high sugar), hypertension (high BP), make you obese and also result in cardiac (heart) disease. Consuming alcohol after T.Amlodipine can also cause giddiness due to fluctuation in blood pressure. If you wish to quit alcohol, effective anti-craving , deterrant medication and counselling techniques like motivation enhancement are available. I would repeat kindly avoid alcohol. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Addiction medicine specialist