Taking medicine for diabetes. Is it safe to take scotch whiskey once a weak?

I am a diabetic. I have 180 ml of scotch whiskey every Saturday. Is this ok for my health situation ?
My Sugar levels on daily basis remain as - Fasting 120-140, PP - 160 to 180.
Tablets taken - Glycinorm M80 3 times a day, Volibo .2 mg 2 times a day
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 12 minutes later
Good evening my friend.

A person who is having diabetes should not drink excessive alcohol, which should be no more than 5 ounces of wine, 2 ounces of hard alcohol such as whiskey, or to 12 ounce beers in a 24-hour period. You are drinking way too much. Although your sugars are pretty well controlled, the postprandial sugars could be better. But your diabetes is not out of control and if you really enjoy drinking, you probably are not doing excessive damage.

I hope that this helps.