Taking medication for high blood pressure. Sudden change in vision in one eye. Reason?

sudden vision changes There have been two separate occasions where i am going about My normal day and out of no where my vision in my left eye goes crazy. It was Sort of like if i were to cross my eyes but out of my right eye my vision was fine. My left eye was seeing like it was crossed. I have high blood pressure and i take medication for it. Should I be alarmed?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 3 hours later

Sudden changes in vision in one eye can occur due to
-Extraocular muscle palsy due to various causes
-Transient ischemic attack
-Carotid artery stenosis
-Diabetes mellitus
-Myasthenia gravis

As you have hypertension these symptoms are more likely because of transient ischemic attack or extra ocular muscle palsy due to involvement of midbrain or pons.

It needs to be clinically examined for involvement of any particular ocular muscle.
Get neurologist opinion for further evaluation and need for MRI and MRA Brain.
In addition, hypertensive retinopathy changes should be excluded. Maintain blood pressure below 130/80 mm of Hg.

Hope this helps you.
Wish you good health.

Thank you.