Taking losartan and suggested to try Cymbalta. Have hyperactive personality. Can Cymbalta lower blood pressure?

thank you, I am taking losartan and someone suggested that I try Cymbalta to lower blood pressure since I have a hyperactive personality. can Cymbalta lower blood pressure do to anxiety.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cymbalta does not lower blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hi, ,

Good Day to you.

I fully appreciate your concerns.

Cymbalta is an anti-depressant drug and does NOT lower blood pressure. Advice from non-medics CAN be dangerous!

I would recommend that you continue Losartan and take it religiously unless you have a problem with it.

I suggest that you consult your doctor, discuss your hyperactive personality with him. He knows which drugs would be most suitable and effective for this condition.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal