Taking lorazepam for anxiety. Reason for small palpable supraclavicular lymph node on the side?
User rating for this question
I have a small palpable supraclavicular lymph node on the right and left side. I am a female, 35 years old. I have a pretty bad anxiety issue and I take lorazepam 1mg 1-2 times per day. My question is, are there benign reasons for palpable nodes in this area? I looked it up and of course cancer came up as the main cause for both sides. Both are small and moveable. I could possibly say the one on the right feels buck shot-ish. I have had them for a couple-few months. Have recently had a gum/tooth infection and a sinus infection. I also had a rash on my lower back that is fading, but was very itchy.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 33 minutes later
Follow-up: Taking lorazepam for anxiety. Reason for small palpable supraclavicular lymph node on the side? 12 minutes later
I understand that it can't be predicted but my question was are there reasons other than cancers for palpable nodes in this area?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
There are other causes but they are not common...
It could be a primary involvement of the node / or secondary from the area of drainage – oesophagus, Lung or mediastinum, rarely below the diaphragm
They include infections – Tuberculosis (most common) / infectious mononucleosis / Toxoplasma / Cat Scratch fever / HIV...
It could be auto-immune - disease like Lupus
People also viewed
- Are small palpable supraclavicular lymph nodes always cancer
- Does anxiety cause enlarged painless lymph nodes
- Hiv anxiety symptoms lymph nodes
- Epilim for childhood anxiety treatment
- Testosterone dose for female libido
- Anxiety palpitation cheweing gum
- Fougera econazole nitrate cream 1
- Chest uneasiness due to anxiety
- What are probiotics use for
- Chest feels tight anxiety
- Lisinopril and ibuprofen side effects
- Renewal hgh power for women
- Palpable supraclavicular lymph nodes
- St changes on ekg due to anxiety
- Could anxiety lead to swelling in lymph nodes