Taking largactil for migraines. Having restless legs. Side effect of medicine?

I take largactil for prophylactic purpose for migraines but think I may have restless legs as a side effect. What can I do or take to stop this? I want to sleep!
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Restless leg syndrome is rarely associated as side effect with Largatctil (chlorpromazine ). The symptoms you have could be due to Anticholinergic effects which do mimic a restless leg presentation.

If you have developed the side effects with Largactil , it would not be wise to continue on the same medication for prophylaxis against the Migraine. You can go for other medications like amytriptaline or Sumatriptan.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.