Taking glycomet and glyzid. Using glycomet 500 SR and reading has increased. Should I be worried?

I use glycomet 500 (before breakfast and dinner , together with glyzid 80 mg. I have also been taking storvas 5 mg and listeril 2.5 mg after meals in the night ) but as glycomet 500 was not available on a particular day, my pharmacist gave me glycomet 500 SR .I have been taking that tablet for 15-20 days but today I find that my pp reading has jumped from 202 on August 8, 2013 to 281 on October 16, 2013. I am worried. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need dose modification

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Diabetes is a progressive disease, with time your sugar control will worsen on same diet, same exercise and same medication plan. Glycomet SR is a slow release formula of the same drug so it in fact gives a better and long lasting control. I have gone through your reports, your fasting blood glucose as well as post meals are bad, even your LDL is high.

What I suggest is you must increase your Glycomet from 500 mg to 1000 mg twice a day. Please check your Serum creatinine before that. If you cannot tolerate metformin that high dose, you can add DPP-4 inhibitor (gliptins). You can even increase gliclazide. You even need to increase your stir as from 5 mg to 20 mg.

Better would be you see a doctor and he would adjust your treatment plan according to your recent reports.