Taking fluoxitine, wellbutrin and seroquel. Having anxiety and concentration problem. Any solution?

Psychiatrist
Question
Having a hard time concentrating and staying on task - both at work and at home. I have a Dr. locally - however he is out on vacation.
Currently taking fluoxitine, wellbutrin and seroquel – but definitely struggling with anxiety and ability to follow through; it is impacting me professionally and personally.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 57 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given stating the drugs that you are on, it appears that you have been diagnosed to have a depression/anxiety disorder. You are already on dual antidepressant and an anti psychotic - Quetiapine.
I would request you to also mention the total daily dose of each of these medications. This knowledge will surely help us in serving you in a better manner.
All said the illness that you are having is not catastrophic and can be taken care of.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Taking fluoxitine, wellbutrin and seroquel. Having anxiety and concentration problem. Any solution? 34 minutes later
Thanks -

The dosages are as follows:
Wel: 3 100mg/day
Flue: 3 20mg/day
Sero: 1 50mg/day

It certainly feels catastrophic from this side of the table. :(

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt response.
But I am sorry as I am still not able to understand the total daily dose of the medications.
As you have stated:
Wel: 3 100mg/day
Flue: 3 20mg/day
Sero: 1 50mg/day

Dose that mean you are on 3 tab of 100mg each of wel, 3 capsule each of 20mg Flue and 1 tab of 50 mg Sero.

Or is it that you are on total dose of 100mg/day of welbutrin, 20mg/day of fluoxetine and 50mg /day of seroquel.

I am sorry for the trouble, but please clarify what do the numbers 3,3,1 mean in front of the drug names.

Follow-up: Taking fluoxitine, wellbutrin and seroquel. Having anxiety and concentration problem. Any solution? 15 minutes later
Sorry:
300 mg total for Wel
60 mg total for Flue
50 mg total for Sero

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 11 minutes later
Hello ones again,
You are certainly on adequate dosages of the respective medications. If you are still having these symptoms, one thing is for sure that these medications are not helping you much and they need to be changed.
There are various options available. Paroxetine and Venlafaxine are two of them who have a good anxiety profile. Meanwhile, clonazepam a benzodiazepine can also provide you with good symptomatic relief.
Along with drugs, you should always consider starting yourself with cognitive behavioral therapy. This helps a lot and considered almost equal to medications. Exercise, yoga and good diet will go along way in helping you with the anxiety symptoms.
All these can be possible by meeting a psychiatrist.
Meanwhile you can hear some mild soothing music, close your eyes and imagine a beautiful locations that you might have seen on some vacation. Also take XXXXXXX breaths and try contracting and relaxing one muscle at a time of whole of the bosy from toe to head. This progressive relaxation will help you in reducing anxiety.
Hope I am able to help you,
I you have any further questions, I will be happy to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion, and rate the answer accordingly.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Taking fluoxitine, wellbutrin and seroquel. Having anxiety and concentration problem. Any solution? 4 minutes later
Are the perscriptions able to be filled through you and/or your team?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Thanks for the follow-up query.
Unfortunately, the policies of health care magic doesn't allow any of its doctors to write a prescription for you. The same has been stated in the terms and conditions. You need to contact you primary doctor of your country and may be discuss the issues that we have mentioned in our comments.
Sorry for the trouble, hope you understand the medico-legal boundaries.
Wish you good health.