Taking estro pause and calcium tablets. Having abdominal pain at night. Suggest the cure?

General Surgeon
I was taking estro pause and calcium tabs together fur about a week. is it too much calcium
I have been feeling unusual pains and abdominal pain (very slight) 3 times especially at night
I also take veggy and fruit smoothies almost every day
should I stop one of them
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, you should not stop mentioned medicines.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Estro-pause does not contain any calcium. This is only an estrogen which helps in osteoporosis prevention but it does not contain calcium at all. So I do not think you have overdosed calcium. The daily dosage of calcium at your age is 1000 mg (usually in 2-3 dosages).
However every medicine can cause gastrointestinal pains. Stomach can get irritated by any medicine. But if its only temporal and does not get worse, it should not bother you.
However if the abdominal pain will be present more often, you should visit your doctor and have diagnostics.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.