Taking cephalexin for pain and heaviness in penis and testicle. What's causing this?

Jul 2016

Penis pain and testicle pain. Need to urinate more but not all the time in the last couple of days. Doctor found a larvae in skin of penis around 12 days ago. I get a heavy feeling in the testicles which comes and goes. The larvae was removed from the penis which bruised but went away with little pain. Pain in penis and testicles happened around 20 days ago. Daughter jumped on testicles and penis and picked up son which felt like I split the head of my penis. I see some bruising under the head of the penis which runs down the back of the penis to the base. I am married with no other sexual partners. My wife is the same with no other sexual partners. The doctor prescribed me cephalexin for 7 days,3 times a day.I was taking doxycycline for folliculitus. Also, prescribed albenza 200 mg for the parasite. Dr. Did not know what is was and did not send away. I'm on my 2nd day of 500 mg cipro. I take ibuprofen when the pain gets bad.
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

It appears that you have sustained injury to your penis and testicles 3 weeks back resulting in wound over glans of the penis and testicles. It is difficult to guess the larva which you have described and I hope it is treated now.

Now as you have pain in both the testicle and penis associated with frequent urination, I would consider this possibility of Urine test and Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and scrotum done to rule out any XXXXXXX injury to the testicles.

Continue ciprofloxacin and ibuprofen as advised by your doctor. You can also apply neosporin ointment over the bruised area. In addition drink plenty of fluids.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Taking cephalexin for pain and heaviness in penis and testicle. What's causing this? 38 hours later
How long will it take for the wound to heal? I am taking the ibuprofen for pain. Is there anything else I could be doing when I'm sleeping when pain is at its worst? The frequent urination has stopped. I did have a urine test about 17 days ago when i felt pressure in the left testicle and the test was negative with no traces of blood in the urine. The pain has been better the last 48 hours.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Thanks for follow up.

If the pain has subsided with ibrufen, continue taking it for one more week.

The time to recover is best predicted after a clinical examination, but based on the details provided, I guess that it should be resolved in another week.

Let me know if you have other concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.