Taking arimidex for low testosterone level. Will this cause lowering of sexual function?

Can taking 1mg of Arimidex a day for low testosterone cause a lowering of sexual function? My testosterone has gone up to the 300s. I have been taking since January, but 3 weeks ago my libido collapsed and my ability to perform has gone down considerably.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 28 minutes later
Thanks for the query

The Arimidex contains Anastrozole which blocks formation of the estrogen which cause low sexual activities. The Arimidex thus when used at a dose of 0.5 mg to 1 mg once day tends to improve testosterone levels and hence sexual functions and do not lowers it.

The problem you are having might be due to some other reason for which you should consult your doctor

If you still have some query, feel free to ask