Taking antibiotics for UTI. Developed kidney side pain. On promethazene for nausea and methocarbam for muscle spasms

I am going through my 5th set of antibiotics for what has been diagnosed as a UTI. I am still having alot of pain in my kidney area and up my right backside. I take Norco for an ongoing back problems. Taking 2-325mg. tablets 3 times per day, along with promethazene for nausea and methocarbam for muscle spasms. I am worried that all this medication is damaging my kidneys and need to find a top Urologist here to get to the root of all the problems. Thank you for any suggestions, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, controlling pain is multifaceted.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for asking. Pain control is a serious issue in today's medicine. As you mentioned, it is not possible to control it sometimes with just medication which aim the pain. Sometimes, controlling mood problems and anxiety issues, if there is any concomittant issues can help. Controlling the effect that back pain could have on your sleep is also important. Some people who have back problems will also have restless legs that can affect their sleep. It should also be treated. Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health.