Taking aleve. Started experiencing upset stomach and some bleeding. Will it be cured on its own?

Pediatrician, Cardiology
I have been taking Aleve for about a week, with some other pain killers and now I am experiencing a very upset stomach and some bleeding when I use the bathroom. I realized it was the Aleve this morning and am not going to take anymore. Will the bleeding subside on its own?
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 23 minutes later
Thanks for the query
You have taken right decision to stop the Aleve. In most of the cases, as it is drug induced, bleeding subsides by stopping the medicine. This bleeding is generally due to NSAID induced gastritis or may be gastric ulcer. You can take proton pump inhibitor available over the counter like PRILOSEC OTC. It will help in stomach upset and stop bleeding by decreasing the acid secretion.
I hope this answers your query well
I will be available for your follow up question if any.
Wish you good health
With regards