Taking acetmetaphon for plasmacytoma on vertebrae. How to cure pain and digestive problems?

i have XXXXXXX diagnosed with plasmacytoma on my vertrebrae. the pain is so intense i want to scream. all i have been taking is acetmetaphon 2 five hundred mg every twelve hours, however this morning i am in such pain i cant move
please help me.
i am supposed to begin radiation on tuesday. i dont wish to take narcotics because i am 70 and not in the best of health. i have digestive problems, esophagitis, i have palpitations, i am alone and terrified. can i take a valium with the acetaminophen? am i taking too much or too little, please, dear god, i cant stand the pain and dont want to go to er.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

I understand the severity of your pain. You can take acetaminophen 1 gram every 6 hrly and if still not controlled, you can take diclofenac 75 mg. Opioids aren't really that bad and may be required if still not controlled. You can try weak opioids like tramadol 50 mg. Otherwise you will need to take advice from your doctor or pain physician regarding further management.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,