Taking Super Beta Prostate. Has to get up to void only once a night. Is it safe?

My husband (quite a healthy 81 year-old recently began taking a product called Super Beta Prostate by New Vitality. Since taking this product he usually has to get up to void only once a night (used to be two or three times a night). Is it safe for him to keep continuing taking this product or would you recommend something different?
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 38 minutes later
Good Day and thank you for being with heathcare magic!

Super Beta Prostate has been in the market for several years now and it is considered safe and well tolerated. That being said since it is a health supplement IT HAS NO PROVEN THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS. The improvement your husband is feeling is because of the saw palmetto component of the drug combination. I would suggest having a consult with a Urologist to check his prostate and he might be prescribed an alpha blocker medicine (flomax etc.) He may also continue the prostate supplement since it seems to work for him and like I said it is generally safe and little to no side-effect.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.