Taking Spiriva and had PSA testing. Can Spiriva cause rapid elevation in PSA?

I have been taking Spiriva for about a year and a half.. I have had annual PSA testing and my readings have gone from a typical of 5.1 to 7.8 in 2012 and most recently up to 13.0. Can the Spiriva be contributing to this rapid elevation? Thanks you
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Tiotropium which is the generic substance in Spiriva does not elevate PSA . It is a long acting inhaler used in COPD patients . In my opinion you should consult a urologist get a USG prostate done to find out if it is related to BPH . Considering your age malignancy also needs to be ruled out . Yours truly Dr.Shruti