Taking Pamsvax XL 400 Micrograms Capsules. Feeling sick, loss of appetite and stomach feels full. Side effects?

Dec 2012

Hi, I've been taking Pamsvax XL 400 Micrograms Capsules. Until now I have not noticed any side effects. However, over the last week I have lost energy, started feeling sick, loss my appetite and I fill full after eating only little amount of food. However, tonight I was sick and now I’m concerned that the medication is having a real detrimental effect on me. Also for 7 days I was taking Clarithromycin 500g could this have also caused a negative reaction, alternatively am I worrying about nothing or are these symptoms of something else. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am planning to book an appointment with my Doctor but won't be able to do this till late next week.
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to assist you.

Actually pamsvax XL 400 mcg (tamsulosin) can cause undesirable side effects such as asthenia or fatigue (or low energy as you term it), nausea, myalgia, abdominal discomfort (just to name a few) etc. There is a potential undesirable interaction between clarithromycin 500mg and pamsvax XL so it is best, if you indicated this to your doctor as soon as you can. Both drugs separately can cause side effects separately, meanwhile their interaction can be very disturbing.
Those symptoms how ever could be as a result of another affection and you will need that your doctor run some tests just to make sure.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah