Taking Omit Telmikind H, Amlosafe, Telsar and Evion Lc for high blood pressure and cholesterol. Suggestions

Hello sir, I am 33 yrs old and having high blood pressure and high Cholesterol problem since Jan-2011. So I am taking medicine Telmikind H 40mg (for High BP) in the morning and Rozustat F 5mg (for high cholesterol) in night. But I continuously feel pain in left side of my chest and in my legs. I recently have been checked up and done the ECG which was normal but Tryglicride was 180 this time. But Doctor suggested me to change my medicine as below: Omit Telmikind H 40mg Take Amlosafe 2.5 in the morning Take Telsar 40 mg in night for BP control Take Evion Lc and Corcal D 500mg after lunch for treating leg and chest pain She suggested me to omit Rozustat F 5 if no response seen I am following her suggestion from 1 week but seeing no improvement. Please advised me.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the advice as given below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for your query. I have gone through the details provided by you. You have not mentioned your latest BP. The target should be to maintain it LESS THAN 130/85. The drugs for hypertension are, by and large, all right, PROVIDED your BP is below 130/85. The doses may have to be increased if the BP is still above target-level. Rosutat F SHOULD be continued for a long time. Its effects would be visible only after 3 months. So, repeat your Lipid profile after 3 months. If Triglyceride level is under control (Target should be <100mg% as you developed hypertension at a relatively young age). Persistent chest pain may be due to spasm of the chest muscles (if you feel sudden pain- apart from constant pain- on taking deep breath, coughing or sneezing. In that case, a 5-7 days' course of anti-inflammatory pain-killers and a muscle relaxant would cure the chest pain. Other possible causes of chest pain can be an enlarged heart or chronic anxiety. 2-D Echo will reveal the structural condition of the heart (and also whether the muscle of the left heart has enlarged); a TMT would rule out/diagnose hypertension-induced heart disease. These two investigations will eliminate your doubts. Lastly, pain in legs may be due to either, Vitamin B12 (methycobalamin) deficiency; or, narrowing of the leg arteries due to deposition of cholesterol inside them. In this condition (called Intermittent claudication), pain occurs in muscles in the back of legs after walking for sometime and, goes away on resting. Regular Rosustat F will curtail further deposition of cholesterol in your blood vessels. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Taking Omit Telmikind H, Amlosafe, Telsar and Evion Lc for high blood pressure and cholesterol. Suggestions 1 hour later
Dear Sir, Thanks for reply. Today my BP was 140/70. so Kindly answer my below queries: > Which is better medicine i should continue for BP control Telmikind H 40 (morning) or Amlosafe 2.5 (morning) and Telsar 40 mg (night) ? > Why Doctor suggessted not to take Telmikind H 40 because of H factor? is it causing leg pain. > Do i need to continue with Evion Lc and Corcal D 500mg after lunch ? >Is Evion Lc or rozustat F5 same ? Sir i am still confused, please help me and prescribe medicine in your way
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Suggested prescription is given below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Nice hearing back from you. Your upper BP is still high. Hence, I suggest the following prescription:- 1. Telmikind H 40 in morning and Telsar 40 in evening would be ideal. Stop Amlosafe 2.5mg. If BP still remains high, a Beta-Blocker, such as, Metoprolol should be added. 2. H stands for Hydrochlorthiazide ( a mild diuretic which causes MILD increase in urine production). Your doctor probably thought the Hydrochlorthiazide has caused significant reduction in Blood Sodium). Excessive loss of Sodium too can cause pain in legs. However, Hydrochlorthiazide does not lead to significant loss of Sodium. 3. Evion LC is Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant. You may continue the same. 4. Corcal D contains calcium and Vit D. You may or may not take it... depends on you. I don't expect you to have calcium/vitamin D deficiency at this age. You are welcome to write back to me in case of further queries. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal