Taking Glycomet for PCOD. On Fertyl. What are my chances of conception?

I have been diagnosed pcod and have been taking glycomet 100 for 2 years now. Now am married and plan to conceive. My doctor has suggested meprate for three days to get periods since i dont get them without this medicine. Plus she has advised me to take fertyl 50 mg from day 5 to day 9.What are my chances of conceiving immediately after taking this tablet. My LH count is 18.8 and FSH is 7.8.
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Since you are a known case of PCOD on treatment and you are not having regular periods, the chances of conception in the first month after taking fertyl are less than 20%.
Conception is something that needs patience. You need to have regular cycles, then take ovulation inducing drugs like fertyl, have sex regularly in the fertile period, need to have ovulation studies to detect the timing of ovulation to have a successful conception.
It takes around 6-8 months of regular treatment for a successful conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking Glycomet for PCOD. On Fertyl. What are my chances of conception? 2 minutes later
Thanks doctor, but as conveyed earlier I have regular periods but only through Meprate.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Having periods after taking meprate means that you are having a withdrawal bleeding after taking progesterone and your periods do not start on time spontaneously. Such cycles are anovulatory in most of the cases.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Taking Glycomet for PCOD. On Fertyl. What are my chances of conception? 4 minutes later
But if is the case I never get periods without the tablet, so will I never conceive easily?
The chances of conception are there with adequate treatment. Please do not worry.
The following measures will improve your chances of conceiving:
a. Have unprotected sexual intercourse especially during days 10-18. The frequency should be atleast on alternate days.
b. Have a healthy, balanced diet
c. Practice yoga and meditation to ensure you remain stress free
We can say there is a problem only if you do not conceive even after 1 year of unprotected intercourse.
Just be patient.